Finally, technological breakthroughs that aren’t focusing on entertainment or comfortable conditions for first world countries and actually aims to improve living conditions.
It may not look like much, but this little contraption is capable of:
- Filters at least 1,000 liters of water (264 gallons)
- Weighs only 54 grams (2 oz.)
- Removes up to 99.99999 percent of waterborne bacteria
- Removes up to 99.9 percent of waterborne protozoan cysts
- Reduces turbidity by filtering particles of approx 0.2 microns
- BPA Free and contains no chemicals
- Uses no batteries or moving parts
“…Praised in the international media and won several awards including the 2008 Saatchi & Saatchi Award for World Changing Ideas, the ‘INDEX: 2005’ International Design Award and “Best Invention of 2005” by Time Magazine.” – Wikipedia
Although some people are commenting that: “it is too expensive for those who need it most”, the problem is less with the product itself and more centralized around the politics and government priorities of that Country.